Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Freelancer? Self-Employed? What About Finances?


As soon as people find out that I'm self-employed, I get all sorts of questions.  How do I handle taxes?  What about health insurance?  What sort of expenses are business expenses?

Earlier this year I came across a book that I wished I had had when I first started working independently: The Money Book for Freelancers, Part-Timers, and the Self-Employed by Joseph D'Agnese and Denise Kiernan.  Even having read it this year, I found it extremely helpful, and I highly recommend this book.  You'll find the answers to most of your questions in it.

Click here to read a review by Travis King.
Click here to read a review by Sierra Black.
Click here for the website for the book.

Disclaimer: This recommendation is purely my own based upon what I personally have found helpful. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...