Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Simply Trust God's Word

My soul longs for your salvation; I hope in your word. My eyes long for your promise; I ask, “When will you comfort me?” For I have become like a wineskin in the smoke, yet I have not forgotten your statutes. How long must your servant endure? When will you judge those who persecute me? (Psalm 119:81-84, ESV)

When all else gives way and fails, God's word is still there. Simply trust it. Trust His word.

The insolent have dug pitfalls for me; they do not live according to your law. All your commandments are sure; they persecute me with falsehood; help me! They have almost made an end of me on earth, but I have not forsaken your precepts. In your steadfast love give me life, that I may keep the testimonies of your mouth. (Psalm 119:85-88, ESV)

Contrast between the relationships of the wicked and the righteous to God's word:

The wicked:

- do not follow God's law
- persecute the righteous wrongfully
- almost consume the righteous

The righteous:

- regard God's commandments as faithful
- seek and can ask for God's help
- do not forsake God's precepts
- are quickened according to God's loving kindness
- keep God's testimonies

-----
You have just finished reading Simply Trust God's Word.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...