Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Hold Fast to God's Word

You have dealt well with your servant, O Lord, according to your word. Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in your commandments. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word. You are good and do good; teach me your statutes. (Psalm 119:65-68, ESV)

When you walk according to God's word, you will realize that it is good, for it will go well with you as God keeps His word. You will also realize that it is the source of good judgment and knowledge. It will also keep you on God's way. Obey His word, keep His statutes, and you will never stray.

The insolent smear me with lies, but with my whole heart I keep your precepts; their heart is unfeeling like fat, but I delight in your law. It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes. The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces. (Psalm 119:69-72, ESV)

Hold fast to God's word and obey it even though the proud slander and have no concept of spiritual things (which is probably partly why they do slander the righteous). Have this outlook on trials, whatever they may be: "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes." Remember that your Heavenly Father is working all things together for good since you love God and are called according to His purpose. Cherish God's word and His commandments more than anything else. It will be your stay through all your life.

-----
You have just finished reading Hold Fast to God's Word.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...