Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Great is God's Mercy

Look on my affliction and deliver me, for I do not forget your law. Plead my cause and redeem me; give me life according to your promise! Salvation is far from the wicked, for they do not seek your statutes. Great is your mercy, O Lord; give me life according to your rules. (Psalm 119:153-156, ESV)

When afflicted, when failing, cry out to God. Great is His mercy and He will quicken you according to His word.

Many are my persecutors and my adversaries, but I do not swerve from your testimonies. I look at the faithless with disgust, because they do not keep your commands. Consider how I love your precepts! Give me life according to your steadfast love. The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever. (Psalm 119:157-160, ESV)

Even when persecuted - of which I honestly and truly do not have an understanding - keep God's word. As you keep God's word, grieve when you see others who do not keep His word. And as it gets harder to keep God's word because of the persecution, be assured of this: your God will quicken you and give you the strength that you need.

-----
You have just finished reading Great is God's Mercy.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...