Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Praise and Glory to God

Let my cry come before you, O Lord; give me understanding according to your word! Let my plea come before you; deliver me according to your word. My lips will pour forth praise, for you teach me your statutes. My tongue will sing of your word, for all your commandments are right. (Psalm 119:169-172, ESV)

The search for wisdom in one's own strength is in vain. Only through God's grace and His act of giving understanding can we gain wisdom. And yet, we can rest assured that our prayers will be heard if we are sincere. And then when we have gained understanding, all the praise must go to God, because He is the one who has taught us so that we can understand.
One thing to remember: the process of learning is not always easy nor always what we expect. But rest assured, God knows exactly what He is doing and will teach in such a way as we need to learn.

Let your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts. I long for your salvation, O Lord, and your law is my delight. Let my soul live and praise you, and let your rules help me. I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek your servant, for I do not forget your commandments. (Psalm 119:173-176, ESV)

Once again, the psalmist makes it clear that we are dependent upon God. He asks God to let His hand help and to let His judgments help. These are the two keys to living the Christian life. First, we have God's interaction in our lives through the Holy Spirit. Second, we have God's interaction in our lives through His word. Without God's interaction, His seeking me, the lost sheep that I am, my case would be hopeless. Praise and glory to God for His great grace through which He reached down out of heaven and touched my life.

-----
You have just finished reading Praise and Glory to God.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...