Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Reacting with Grace

Because I have access to God's grace through Christ, God's grace needs to spill out of my life day by day.

This is then evidenced in how I interact with others. I am no better than anyone else. We are all created in the image of God. If you are a believer, we have equal standing before Christ.

On the merit of those two facts, I have no reason to consider myself better than you. That means that there is no room for prejudice, harmful criticism, or arrogance in my interactions with you. I need to respond to others graciously -- extending the benefit of doubt and undeserved favor to you.

I'm not saying I have achieved this, but this needs to be my goal. And the way I cultivate this goal is to become increasingly more aware of God's grace towards me.

-----
You have just finished reading Reacting with Grace.
Connect with me on Twitter and Pinterest.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...